Saturday, July 30, 2011

Adventures with: Cleaning (or a Lack Thereof) -- Part Two

I woke up the next day to make my bathroom slightly less than disgusting for the visiting relatives (which is a trial with a four year old). The guys who came to our house to fix our satellite issues were quite a distraction. Oh, yes. Distraction. But I digress.

The satellite guys finished their job (which I had to supervise, of course) and turned the television on to make sure everything was in good working order. My favorite morning news/entertainment show happened to be on:


They were doing a segment on a man who had breast reduction surgery and was showing various pictures (which I will not illustrate -- today). The younger of the two satellite repair guys sat down on the couch next to me. We sat looking at the television with no words.

Then we giggled in unison. A lot. Believe me, the situation called for it. There is nothing like an awkward situation on television making for another awkward situation in your living room. Never doubt the fact that the greatest gift God gave us (after love) is a sense of humor. I hope you have yours, because I sure as hell keep mine close.



In case you are wondering, the satellite repairman and I fell madly in love. We knew from the moment we began to giggle that it was meant to be. Unfortunately, he had a wedding ring on, so I had to send him on his marry (hardy har har) way. All of this was said without names being exchanged or words being said. No, it's not just a figment of my imagination. Okay, fine. It is. But only a little bit.


Hey, a girl can always dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment