Thursday, January 12, 2012

Adventures with: Hooray!

I may have mentioned this in passing to a few people, but I haven't advertised it heavily as I have in past adventures. I don't like the pressure. Anywho, I've been kinda dieting. I mean, it's nothing hardcore - Bob forbid I should exercise. *shudders* I've been eating smaller portion sizes and mostly raw fruits and vegetables. And *sigh* no cake. That being said -



I've lost 15 pounds since December!




Yes, I know that is not ideal for a month's work (I'm 5'1" with a small frame under the pudge), but half of that time was spent puking from a concussion. I'm in it to win it now. I lost weight a year and a half ago when I was doing my crazy diet, but most of it came back. That being said, if I lose another 15 pounds, I'll be down to the biggest that I was before I had Eden. If I lose 30 pounds, I'll be high school weight (later teen years, mind you). So I'm going to see this through.

Will losing weight change my life? Not really, I don't hate my body now. However, if I want to lose it, I should do it soon. I'll be 25 (shut up) next month, and I've heard it gets harder to lose weight after passing that future decade marker. I just figure that I may as well do it now.

Also, you're all invited to enjoy my birthday with me next month. Unfortunately, there will be no cake.

4 comments:

  1. can't remember being that young...like your idea of cutting portions down (that's my method)--don't diet too much--it isn't good for mental health...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I'm not *really* twenty-five (shhh), but I'm holding. I've lost another five pounds since I last posted, but I haven't blogged about it yet. I'm at the miserable stage of dieting, where all I want is cake, mashed potatoes, and creme brulee. You DEFINITELY have a point about it not being good for mental health! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Any advice on loosing weight? I've always lost some and always seem to gain it back. Congrats on the 15 pounds! I also wanted to stop by and say thank you for the words of encouragement on my blog :)

    Livin' Life Through Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. :) It's just a matter of portion control and healthier eating. Right now I'm on a reduced calorie diet to get my weight under control, and I'll maintain it through healthy living (hopefully).

    You're very welcome for the words. I hate to hear about someone being bullied for their opinion. It's ever important for a person to be true to his or herself. :)

    ReplyDelete